About the Journal
International Journal of Zakat (IJAZ) initially focuses on zakat studies such as general activities of zakat management, institutional foundation, zakat administers qualifications, good governance practices, assessment methodology and other areas related to zakat. General activities of zakat management covers discourses about zakatable wealth, methods of collection and performance indicator; Institutional foundation includes private sector, special department, government on mandatory basis enforced by the regulation and credibility of the institutions; Zakat administers qualifications comprises sharia and professionalism principles and trust of zakat payers; On the other hand, good governance practices covers internal/external reporting system and risk management.
Focus and Scope
IJAZ is peer-reviewed and scientific journal which is published twice in a year, on May and NovemberIJAZ is a type of scientific journal (e-journal) in zakat studies. By involving a large research community in an innovative public peer-review process, IJAZ aims to provide fast access to high-quality papers and continual platform for sharing studies of academicians, researchers, and practitioners; disseminate knowledge and research in zakat studies; bridge the gap between theory and practice in the zakat issues.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
All published articles in IJAZ are peer-review and all manuscripts submitted follow the procedure below.
- IJAZ employs double blind reviewing, in which the identities of the author and referees are both hidden.
- All manuscripts submitted for publication in IJAZ are firstly evaluated by Editorial Board. Manuscripts which fall outside the aims and scope of the journal or its quality does not meet a basic threshold required for consideration are rejected or maybe wanted some revisions at this initial point.
- After an initial evaluation, the manuscripts are sent one or two referees which are determined by Editorial Board. The referees are chosen based on their expertise.
- Referees asked to evaluate the manuscript's originality, themes, research design and data, analysis, critical qualities, clarity of conclusions, quality of communication, contribution for academic, and contribution for BAZNAS policy. Referees might accept the manuscript, reject, or might require a revision for content.
- When a revision is required by the referee, the author(s) are to consider the criticism and suggestions offered by the referees, and they should be sent back the revised version of the manuscript in 2 weeks. Referees may request more than one revision of a manuscript.
IJAZ publishes 2 issues:
1. May Issues
2. November Issues
Open Access Policy
International Journal of Zakat (IJAZ) publishes fully open access journals, which means that all articles are available on the internet to all users immediately upon publication. Non-commercial use and distribution in any medium is permitted, provided the author and the journal are properly credited.
Benefits of open access for authors include:
- Free access for all users worldwide
- Increased visibility and readership
- Rapid publication
International Journal of Zakat (IJAZ) published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-NoDerivs license. Users may read, copy and distribute the work in any medium or format for non-commercial purposes, provided the authors and the journal are appropriately credited. The users are not allowed to remix, transform or build upon the published material.
Below you may find the full text of the license signed by authors.
LICENSE TO PUBLISH
The non-commercial use of the article will be governed by the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs license as currently displayed on http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
2. Author’s Warranties
The author warrants that the article is original, written by stated author/s, has not been published before, contains no unlawful statements, does not infringe the rights of others, is subject to copyright that is vested exclusively in the author and free of any third party rights, and that any necessary written permissions to quote from other sources have been obtained by the author/s.
3. User Rights
Under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs license, the author(s) and users are free to share (copy, distribute and transmit the contribution) under the following conditions: 1. they must attribute the contribution in the manner specified by the author or licensor, 2. they may not use this contribution for commercial purposes, 3. they may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
4. Rights of Authors
Authors retain the following rights:
- § the right to use the substance of the article in the lectures and books,
- § the right to self-archive the article.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
- The growing interest and demand for zakat development studies around the world;
- The need for high-quality research and publication in the area of zakat; and
- An important effort to promote The National Zakat Board (BAZNAS) of Indonesia as the center of excellence institution in developing zakat, as well as theory and practices.
- Provide quick access to high-quality papers and continual platform for sharing studies of and among academicians, researchers, and practitioners; and
- IJAZ will be internationally accredited and academically recognized in the next 3-5 years.